DDB Access provides the DDB content for words found in a Chinese text.
DDB Access relies for parsing on monthly DDB and CJKVE extracts provided by Charles Muller, and for content on XML pages from the DDB and CJKVE websites.
Using DDB Access requires a DDB password.
DDB Access shares a common look and feel with the SmartHanzi.net and SmartKanji.net websites. While SmartHanzi.net and SmartKanji.net are general parse and lookup tools for Chinese and Japanese, DDB Access includes DDB content not available in the websites.
|Download DDB Access 2015.08||Download DDB Access 2015.07.02|
Upgrading from version 2015.01 or older: please uninstall previous version before upgrading.
In case of problem, click here
System requirements: Microsoft Windows Vista, 7 or 8/8.1.
Updates include software improvements and monthly DDB extracts.Users are invited to install the latest version.
|DDB extract:||31 Jul 15|
|CJKVE extract:||31 Jul 15|
Contact: jean.soulat [at] orange.fr (replace [at] with @)
Suggestions for improvement are welcome. Please report any problems.
- Bug fixes.
- Technical improvements. Previous version should be formally uninstalled before installing this one.
- Links to Wieger etymological lessons.
- Parsed texts can be saved with links to original documents.
- Traditional/simplified conversion (both ways).
- Added: links to contained characters and words.
- Added: history of looked up words.
- Similar words in DDB is more tolerant.
- Use right click to copy from lists.
- Improved performance.
- More reactive: when a list is shown, the first word is shown together.
- Search also works for simplified variants.
- Also contained in shown through the Search tab when there are many results.